BIKE RANDO ASD organises on 24 April 2019 a Brevet named 6+6 Isole - Italia del Grand Tour (IGT)
The IGT Brevet is an ARI Brevet of 1200km, composed of 2 ACP Brevets of 600km (valid for the PBP 2019 qualification), in the Italian islands of Sardinia and Sicily. The ARI Brevet is also a valid trial for the Italian Championship.
START Thursday 25 April at 12am (midnight) from Quartu Sant’Elena
611 km – 6779 m. D+, Homologation ACP 40 hours, 5 Check Points
START Saturday 27 April at 10am from Palermo
592 km – 6302 m. D+ , Homologation ACP 40 hours, 6 Check Points
Brevets allow pace at choice and cyclists must ride with no assistance excluding that authorised by the organisers.
6+6 Isole implements ACP (Audax Club Parisien) and ARI (Audax Randonnée Italy) regulations.
Art.1 : Admission Conditions
6+6 Isole is only open to those cyclists who:
- are between 18 (calendar year) and 75 (calendar year) years old, regardless of sex;
- have a sports medical fitness certificate; foreign participants must have a fitness certificate drawn up in accordance with the form E - Health Certificate . For every participant, either resident in Italy or abroad, the fitness certificate for participation must still be valid on the day of the competition.
The DataHealth service will ascertain the possession of a valid medical certificate; therefore, for participants resident in Italy and abroad, the medical certificate required by this regulation must be uploaded on and validated by the Data Health service (www.datahealth.it), by 12/04/2019.
Possessing the membership card of a sports association is NOT enough .
In order to be clear, here the procedure step by step:
- Entry to 6+6 Isole
- Successive upload of medical certificate on Data Health. An e-mail with a code for free registration and instructions about how to upload the certificate on DataHealth will be sent to every participant.
Registration on DataHealth must be completed within 01/03/2019 and 12/04/2019.
Riders not in order with the certificate are not admitted to the start.
Art.2 : Validation of means and security
All two/three wheel-means are admitted. Handlebars and muscle strength pedals propulsion are required.
Cycles must be provided with a fixed and sufficiently powerful lighting system; it must be visible for 100 meters forwards and 150 meters backwards. The forward light must be WHITE, the backward light must be RED. Lighting must be a fixed piece of equipment on the cycle, also during daytime. Lighting must be switched on at sundown, or when visibility is insufficient, both when the cyclist is alone and in group.
Use of reflective jacket or armbands is mandatory during nighttime and when in tunnels. Use of rigid helmet is mandatory during the entire route of 6+6 Isole.
Art.3 : Entry
It is not necessary to qualify in order to enter 6+6 Isole; entry must be completed online on this website, individually following any of these procedures:
- Early applications (50€ -quota not refundable-) will be open from 1 November 2018 9AM CET until 20 November 2018 12PM CET
- Entries at a cost of 350€ (balance) for those who have an early application will open 1 December 2018 and will close 30 December 2018.
- Entries for remaining places are open from 15 January 2019, at a cost of 450€, until 28 February 2019 or when the maximum number is reached.
Waiting List registrations will open on 9th November at 9 AM (CET) and will close on 20 november at 12 PM.
for those interested on the event but couldn't complete the pre-accreditation.
By registering on the waiting list you will have the chance to replace any rider who will not confirm their registration by the 30th of December.
Furthermore, if the possibility of expanding the logistics is confirmed, the organization reserves the right to accept registrations over the number of 200 (at its discretion). The riders' priority will follow the chronological order of registration to the waiting list.
The 6 January 2019 will be communicated by email to the individual members of the waiting list if they have been accepted or not. The cyclist will have the opportunity to register by paying the fee of € 400 up to January 15th.
The cost for the the waiting list is € 20 (quota not refundable). Payment by credit card during the registration.
Registration will take place on Wednesday 24 April 2019 in Quartu Sant'Elena (CA) from 8.00 am to 2.00 pm. Exact location for registration will be communicated as soon as possible.
At moment of registration and in order to receive the personal card the following documents are required:
- Signed LIABILITY RELEASE WAIVER in the original (download from website when entering);
- For those who have it, original or copy of their affiliation card valid for 2018 (both sides) - it is MANDATORY to provide copy of the 2019 affiliation card by 30/03/2019;
- Valid identification document.
Other services with online payment:
- Bag Drop: Optional. Those intending to benefit from this service will have to use the backpack delivered for free by the organisation. Other types of bag will not be accepted.
- Personal Baggage: Optional paid service for the transport of personal baggage from the Hotel in Quartu Sant'Elena to the Hotel in Palermo (start and finish of the Sicily 600Km).
Art.4 : Cancel of entry and refund.
The cancellation notified by 28/02/2019 allows for a refund of 40% of the paid amount.
However, the organisation will update a waiting list of riders who want to sell their place in the last 60 days before the start. Once 6+6 Isole will be sold out, organisers will run a waiting list of people who still want to participate.
The opportunity to cede one's own entry is available until 15 days before the start by contacting the organisers (a new procedure will cost 20€).
5.1 Every excursionist rider during 6+6 Isole:
- is considered to be on a personal ride;
- must respect traffic laws of each country crossed (Italy, France and Switzerland) and all official road signage;
- must use bike lanes, where available.
Organizers must not be considered in any case liable of any accident which may occur before, during or after the Brevet.
5.2 Start must happen in small groups.
As 6+6 Isole envisages night ride, every type of cycle must be provided with a forward and backward lighting system, fixed on the cycle and in constant functioning. Riders with no proper lighting system (as described) will not be allowed to start.
Lighting must be switched on at sundown, or when visibility is insufficient. Every rider must switch on the lighting system and verify its functioning when needed.
Every cycle must be provided with a double lighting system: WHITE forward light and RED backward light.
During nighttime and in case of insufficient visibility, every rider must wear light clothing and reflective armbands, ankle bands and jackets
Violations of Art.6 of these regulations, observed during a control, be it a set one or a surprise one, entail immediate expulsion from 6+6 Isole through withdrawal of the personal card.
Every rider should provide for his/her own needs with no external support.
No organised service is allowed along the route.
Assistance is allowed only near authorised official controls.
No rider can take advantage of the wake of other cyclists on personal excursion, of cars or motorcycles. No rider can take advantage of constant lighting provided by any vehicle.
Single lines are PREFERRED. Double lines and groups are DISCOURAGED as they could obstruct traffic.
Violations of Art.8 entail expulsion from the event.
Every rider is expected to behave properly and must respect the staff at RANDO POINTS.
In order to enter the 6+6 Isole Brevet every rider must fill in the entry form and deposit the entry amount set by the organisers no later than the established deadline.
Before the start every rider will be given:
- a booklet “Road Book” with all necessary directions for coverage of the route;
- a “Booklet of Trip” (Libretto di Viaggio) RANDO BOOK which, at time of arrival, must be completed with all requested control stamps in order for the Brevet to be certified.
The RANDO BOOK must be shown to the RANDO POINT staff in order to be able to benefit from available services.
Every rider must respect time limits for opening and closing of controls, as illustrated on his/her “Booklet of Trip”. Arrival and stamp must happen within opening and closing time, they are compulsory.
One or more surprise controls could take place along the route.
Every rider will be requested to exhibit his/her Booklet of Trip at arrival. It must be completed with all requested control stamps and time of passage in order for the Brevet to be certified.
6+6 Isole is not a competition and no ranking will be drawn. Organisers will draw an alphabetical list of certified participants specifying time spent for covering the route.
Every rider, before start, must sign a LIABILITY RELEASE WAIVER agreeing to the respect of these Rules for 6+6 Isole.
Organisers will deliver ACP homologation(s), valid for the PBP 2019 qualification, to all those who complete the 600km in Sardinia, Sicily or both.
The ARI Brevet, valid in order to obtain the ARI IGT "Italia del Grand Tour" Great Brevet composed of 4 different over-1200km-randonnées taking place every fourth year (rules available on www.audaxitalia.it), will be delivered only to those riders who will have covered both routes in respect of Art.14.